The sole purpose of a mission statement is to communicate an organization's agenda. It should outline clearly what the goal of the company is. In a business setting, some generic examples of mission statements would be, "To provide the best service possible within the banking sector for our customers." or "To provide the best experience for all of our customers." The reason why companies make use of mission statements is to make it clear what they look to achieve as an organization, not only to themselves (and their employees) but to the customers and other people who are a part of their community.
As a church, we share our Mission Statement to communicate who are and what kind of community we believe God has led us to be. As our OV Family evolves, so will our Mission Statement. This is to make sure that Olympic View Friends is remaining faithful to the vision and call God has for our community, and to ensure that the Mission Statement does not lose its touch and become irrelevant to how God is currently shaping & leading us.
- OUR MISSION STATEMENT -
"LIVING TO GIVE OUR LIVES AWAY, IN THE PURSUIT OF JESUS & IN LOVE FOR OTHERS."
- May we be committed to being Christ Centered and doing all things to the Glory of God. (Hebrews 12:2; John 1:1; John 14:6)
- May we believe in grace and be committed to authenticity, humility and being culturally relevant while still keeping the message of Jesus biblical and Christ Centered. (Acts 15:22-35; Psalm 63:1; Matthew 6:6-8)
- May we be committed to being a healthy and holistic family of believers through intentional relationships in service and community. (Acts 2:42-47; Acts 11:20; Ephesians 4:1-16)
- May we be committed to finding and living out God's missional call on our lives – as a church and as individuals. (Acts 13:1-3; Acts 1:8; John 4:34-36)
- May our Child Care & Learning Center ministry be focused on providing the absolute best care a family can receive. (Psalm 127:3)
- May we encourage our children to grow and develop physically, educationally and spiritually. (Proverbs 22:6)
- May we minister to our children and families in a way that honors God and communicates His acceptance and love. (Matthew 18:2-6)